The mission of Vietnamese American Democratic Club (VADC) is to create and maintain a strong political voice for the Vietnamese-American community by encouraging active participation in the American political system and representing its interests in the Democratic Party. By promoting Democratic principals, VADC hopes to transform the Vietnamese American community’s educational and socio-economic strengths into a viable platform, with the aim of building a strong and united Vietnamese community, and also advocating for a free, just and democratic Vietnam
1. Ensure the Democratic Party’s platform serves the issues and interests important to the Vietnamese American Community.
2. Promote democracy and human rights in Viet Nam.
3. Support equal opportunity for all Americans and to advocate equal treatment for Vietnamese American in the work place.
4. Create and maintain an effective political voice for Vietnamese Americans in local, state, and federal politics.
5. Raise awareness among the Vietnamese American population regarding any legislation affecting our community.
6. Encourage active participation by Vietnamese American Democrats in local, state and national politics.
7. Identify, encourage, and support qualified members of the Vietnamese American community to seek elected office at the local, state and national level.
8. Empower and support young Vietnamese Americans to run for local, state and federal elected officials.
9. Encourage, assist and guide Vietnamese Americans to join the Party and to register to vote.
10. Inform Vietnamese American community of the Party’s political platform and agenda.
11. Advance the goals of the Democratic Party through public policy and political issue analysis, education, fundraising, recruitment, coordination with other democratic groups, and other activities to benefit the Party.
12. Keep Vietnamese American community informed and up-to-date of the plans, programs and gatherings of VADC.
Civil Rights and Justice
Democrats are unwavering in our support of equal opportunity for all Americans. That's why we’ve worked to pass every one of our nation’s Civil Rights laws, and every law that protects workers. Most recently, Democrats stood together to reauthorize the Voting Rights Act. On every civil rights issue, Democrats have led the fight. We support vigorous enforcement of existing laws, and remain committed to protecting fundamental civil rights in America.
The Democratic Party is the party of fiscal responsibility. Democrats increasingly call for responsible tax policies and government spending that keeps the budget deficit under control.
Health Care and Insurance Coverage
Democrats call for "affordable and quality health care" for all American. Many Democrats favor a national health insurance system in a variety of forms to address the rising costs of modern health insurance.